The Corporate Compliance Program supports the mission, vision and values of Garnet Health Medical Center – Catskills by facilitating compliance with health care-related laws and standards and promoting the organization’s commitment to lawful and ethical behavior.
Our vision is to ensure that Garnet Health Medical Center – Catskills’ Corporate Compliance program continues to meet the elements of an effective compliance program, while adapting to the ever-changing health care environment.
Our Corporate Compliance Program is designed to enhance our understanding of acceptable behavior and appropriate decision-making. It is everyone’s duty to promptly report any activity that appears to violate the Garnet Health Medical Center – Catskills Code of Conduct or any laws, regulations or organizational policies. All employees must not only act in compliance with all applicable legal rules and regulations, but also strive to avoid appearance of impropriety.
Our Corporate Compliance Program is based upon the US Department Health & Human Services-Office of the Inspector General Guidance, as well as Section 363-D of the NYS Social Services Law and guidelines published by NYS Office of Medicaid Inspector General. Both NYS Health Department and the federal OIG Guidelines delineate the elements of an effective hospital and nursing home compliance programs.
The Goals Of Our Corporate Compliance Program Are To:
- Demonstrate our commitment to conducting business in an ethical manner.
- Serve as a resource when dealing with difficult, complex or confusing issues.
- Provide an outlet for addressing concerns.
- Ensure we follow Local, State and Federal laws that apply.
Our Compliance Program Serves To:
- Provide both patients and employees with central resource for addressing compliance issues.
- Provide employees with information and policies for successful job performance.
- Encourage reporting concerns and resolving issues.
- Minimize the risk of fraud and abuse.
- Provide constant monitoring.
- Protect our ethical reputation in the community and ensure our continued success.
HIPAA Privacy Notice (Español)
Compliance & Privacy Officer Contact Information:
Corporate Compliance Officer and Director of Audit & HIPAA Privacy
Garnet Health Medical Center – Catskills: (845) 397-3516 or
Garnet Health Medical Center: (845) 333-7188